Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Raw Cauliflower "Popcorn"

I have seen this recipe online a few times and thought it looked interesting. The ingredients are as follows: 1/2 head of cauliflower, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast, 1 tsp chili powder, and 1 tsp sea salt.
I bought nutritional yeast just for the purpose of trying this. I guess it is a great source of b vitamins and gives the cauliflower a cheesy taste.
I had my 5 year old help me make this. First we chopped up 1/2 a head of cauliflower.

Next I drizzled the pieces with olive oil and added all of the dry ingredients and let my son mix it up. Thats it. It took less than 5 minutes to make and clean up was super easy.
We both tried it, and I was surprised he liked it.
He ate a few pieces and decided that was enough. He didn't love it, and he may or may not be willing to eat it again. I liked it ok...but it wasn't awesome. I have to tweak it a bit to find more flavorings I like better. The chili powder I have is cheapo stuff, so maybe I need better spices to mix in. I like the crunch of it, and love that it is healthy. I'm willing to try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment